Saturday, March 24, 2007

Favorite Biographies

Here are some of my favorite biographies. Even though I read most of these many years ago, I still talk about and refer back them time & time again. They are a part of my life. Thank you Mom, for introducing me to almost all of these books, and making my life that much richer.

Of course, I'll add more as I read more.

The Autobiography of George Muller
Really any biography of him is good. This is just the one I happened to pull off my shelf. I think George Muller is my all-time favorite Christian hero.

Stepping Heavenward by Mrs. E. Prentiss
"One Woman's journey to Godliness" These are journal entries from a young woman's life. Very inspiring.

Tortured For Christ by Richard Wurmbrand
from the back of the book: "Richard Wurmbrand, whose body bears the scars of fourteen years of torture and suffering in a Communist prison, witnessed the indomitable courage and continuing faith of hundreds upon hundreds of Christian believers." Small & easy to read.

Foxe's Christian Martyrs of the World by John Foxe
A must read for every believer. --Really makes you appreciate your faith.

First We Have Coffee and Then We Talk by Margaret Jensen
Great stories about Mrs. Jensen's mother. A lot of it has been inspiring for me as a mother.

Bruchko by Bruce E. Olsen
The story of man who left home at 19 to be a missionary in the jungles of South America.

Chasing the Dragon by Jackie Pullinger
The story of a young woman who ministered to the drug lords of Hong Kong

Prison to Praise Merlin Carothers
The name says it all. Mom gave this to me when I was going through a hard time in my life. --it was very inspiring. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you like biographies, don't miss this one -- "I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter with God" by Bilquis Sheikh and Richard Schneider.

~just me~ said...

ooh. sounds good. would it be good to read to the kids, too?