Monday, May 28, 2007

I am an Archer

I've been thinking about my job, as a parent, recently, and it's led me to ponder Psalm 127 --especially verses four and five:

"Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are thie children in one's youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
They will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate."

I am a warrior with four powerful arrows in my quiver. And if I am careless, and don't aim, my arrows could go anywhere: into the sky, into the ground, into a friend, or even into my own heart. But if I learn the art of archery, and if I take careful aim, my arrows can make a powerful impact, and even deal a death-blow to the enemy.
I pray that I may be a strong and skillful archer, and that God will stretch out my bow, and aim my arrows for me, and that they will soar straight to heart of the enemy.


No comments: