Monday, May 07, 2007

The Fair

well, i've *finally* finished posting all of my pictures from the fair a couple weeks ago. You can see all of my pictures at flickr, but here are my favorites. :)
Every time we drove by the fair, zachy would say, "mommy, sing the roller coaster song." So if you want the full effect, you can listen to this song while you look at the pictures. :)

update(5/08): Erik has informed me that my itunes songs won't work on here. >:( so i'll just have to give you the lyrics instead:

Last night I took a walk after dark
A swingin' place called Palisades Park
To have some fun and see what I could see
That's where the girls areI
took a ride on a shoot-the-chute
That girl I sat beside was awful cute
And after while she was holdin' hands with me
My heart was flyin' up like a rocket ship
Down like a roller coaster
Back like a loop-the-loop
And around like a merry-go-round
We ate and ate at a hot dog stand
We danced around to a rockin' band
And when I could, I gave that girl a hug
In the tunnel of love
You'll never know how great a kiss can feel
When you stop at the top of a Ferris wheel
When I fell in love down at Palisades Park
--Freddy Cannon


Chloe's butterfly.



Wide-mouthed Frog

Evy has begung to pose for pictures. Any time she sees my camera pointed at her, she cocks her head & smiles, and says, "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" for cheese. :)


Evy looks at her butterfly.




I thought i'd see how close i could get to the moon, between my zoom and some cropping on the computer. If you click on the photo, to see it large, you can see some craters at the bottom-right side of the moon.


I love how Gideon is looking at chris. :)




Nobody I know. just thought it looked cool. If you view this large, it's fun to look at the people's faces.

Traffic Jam


"You'll never know how great a kiss can feel til you're stopped at the top of a ferris wheel."
"I took a ride on the shoot-the-chute. The girl I sat beside was awful cute. And when it stopped she was holding hands with me."

The ticket lady didn't want to take Zachy's ticket.

"We ate and ate at a hot dog stand..."

Every time the kids see a flag, they shout, "stars and stripes forever!"


Gideon goes on a helicopter ride.


These are show lambs, freshly shorn for the show.


The kids got to go on a real-live meri-go-round (how do you spell that?). Their first time ever, to ride real horses.



Evy feeds a goat. I, of course, have pictures of all the kids feeding the goats, they're on flickr.

Chloe looks for stones in the water. --this is probably my favorite picture.


Panning for gold. (the theme of the fair was "how the west was fun") They actually got to find gold in the pans. --but they didn't ge to keep it.


Zachy & this little girl have very similar personalities. I thought this picture was funny, because they're standing the exact same way, holding their bodies the same way, etc. they should've been twins.

This was just so sad. Zachy wouldn't hold the food close enough for this poor goat to reach it. He'd stick his tongue out as far as he could, to no avail.


The milk goats were SO friendly, because they're hand-fed when they're babies. This one was really cuddly with Chloe.


Evy loved petting the goats too.


Baby alpaca


I just loved this guy's smile!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those were award-winning photos -- you are quite the photographer! You should enter photography contests or start getting them printed and sell them at the art fair. Or you could be a freelance photographer...(in your spare time :) Fantastic!

~just me~ said...

thank you. :) :)....i wish...