Friday, August 03, 2007

You wanna go where everybody knows your name

When I take my kids to swim lessons, I have to pay an extra dollar so Zachary can swim, too. Last week was very sad because I forgot my wallet. In a desperate attempt to let Zachy swim, I asked if they would let me pay the next day when I brought the kids to lessons. They understandably said no.

contrast that to yesterday:

There's a local car wash that sells gas at cost, if you buy a car wash. So with our big ol' mammoth truck, the amount we save pays for the car wash. Yesterday, when I took the car in, they were packed. I waited for about 15 minutes to get in, & when I finally got out of the car, to talk to the man, i realized i didn't have my wallet. So i told him i'd have to go home & get it, but discovered that i was boxed in, and wouldn't be able to get out w/o going through the car wash. So i found the owner guy who was nearby, to ask him how i should go about getting out. I barely got the words out of my mouth, "I left my wallet at home...." when he said, "don't worry about it, you can come back and pay later." (!!!) This guy was willing to trust me to come back and pay a $100 bill, when the swim place wouldn't trust me with one.

All that to say that it's so nice to be a regular. What a relief it was to know that after going through the ordeal of cleaning out the car & getting the kids loaded up, etc, that i didn't have to go home & do it all over again. :)

No comments: