Friday, June 01, 2007

More Winnie the Pooh

just had to share another excerpt that tickled me: That Eeyore. :)



"Nobody tells me," said Eeyore. "Nobody keeps me Infromed. I
make it seventeen days come Friday since anybody spoke to me."
"It certainly isn't seventeen days---"
"Come Friday," explained Eeyore.
"And today's Saturday," said Rabbit. "So that would make it
eleven days. And I was here myself a week ago."
"Not conversing, " said Eeyore. "Not first one and then the
other. You said 'Hallo' and Flashed Past. I saw your tail in the
distance as I was meditating my reply. I had thought of saying
'What?' - but, of courese, it was then too late."
"Well, I was in a hurry."
"No Give and Take," Eeyore went on. "No Exchange of Thought:
'Hallo--What'----I mean, it gets you nowhere, particularly if the other person's
tail is only just in sight for the second half of the conversation."
"It's your fault, Eeyore. You've never been to see any
of us. You just stay here in this one corner of the Forest waiting for the
others to come to you. Why don't you go to them sometimes?"
Eeyore was silent for a little while, thinking. "There
may be something in whatyou say, Rabbit," he said at last. "I must move
about more. I must come and go."
"That's right, Eeyore. Drop in on any of us at any time,
when you feel like it."
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anybody says in a Loud Voice
'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."


No comments: