Monday, September 10, 2007

My little Angel

Doesn't she look precious?

A week or two ago, I had to call poison control, because I found Evelyn eating from a bottle of anti fungal ointment. About an hour later, I decided not to call poison control again (because it would be too embarrassing to call twice in a row), after finding that she drank a bottle of sulfur (which had been prescribed to me for my acne). Shortly after that (and many times since) I caught her playing in my make up.

That all happened in one day. It was just the beginning. No matter how I try to keep my eye on her, and keep things out of her reach, she's always getting into stuff! Aside from her regular activities of playing in the toilet that the boys forgot to flush, getting into the flour & sprinkles in my baking drawer, and playing with my make-up; in a matter of just a couple weeks, I caught her walking around in Chris's socks:


using the Desitin as a facial ointment:
Can you see it in her hair? (!)

playing with the Q-tips:

and sitting in the sink, playing with toothpaste:

I didn't take a picture of the half-tub of hair product she put in her hair, or the dish soap that she ate, because you wouldn't have been able to see anything. I also didn't photograph the time she ate a bunch of my antibiotics, because I found the spilled bottle of half-eaten pills after she had run off to get into something else. And these things all happened in the last two weeks or so. Yesterday, it was Chloe's fingernail polish. that was a colorful sight. *sigh*
~~~
Update: oops! almost forgot the time she climbed onto Chris' motorcycle, ready to ride!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is how i feel about Nicholas! he's into EVERYTHING! but i think Evelyn took it to a whole other level... :) honestly, the girl is gonna change the world when she grows up. not intimidated, willing to try anything. and if you can get her to smile at you, you're one of the coolest people in the world (or so Eric thought when she finally would look at him and not squint her eyes at him). :)

~just me~ said...

hah! very funny. :) I just LOVE the first picture that i posted. I showed it to Chris, & he didn't like it because she wasn't smiling. I'm like, "but this is Evelyn. that's what makes it so cute!" :)

Glenna said...

She's just trying to keep you on your toes (and it sounds like she does a pretty good job of it). At least you never get bored ;)

~just me~ said...

yes, glenna. Thank you for your cheery outlook. At least i'm never bored...

Alvarez Family said...

Don't you wish you had time to be bored? I used to say, "better busy than bored" but...nah. I'd like to be bored once in a while!! Ha! But what a gorgeous doll baby you have there! Who could get mad at such an angel face with those golden curls?!! Teeheheee....