Thursday, April 10, 2008

Checking In

Lots going on in my life right now, which is why i haven't had much time to post. Kinda funny...when i have lots of time to write, there's nothing exciting to talk about. but when i have lots to tell you about, there's not time. :)

So... our friends who are going to England as missionaries have been delayed, so they've come to live in our house, until they can get their visas in order. I've really enjoyed this whole communal living thing. :) They have 2 little girls, 5 and 2; and all the kids just love playing together. And Shelley and I have someone to keep eachother company while we do the housework. Then in the evening, after all the kids are in bed, we hang out & play games. so fun! :) But until they leave, i'm just not going to have as much time on the computer.

In other news, we went to Yosemite last weekend & had a blast. We spent 6 hours hiking 4.5 miles up (& down) a waterfall. it was a LOT of work & got a bit dangerous in a few places, but it was SO fun!! Most impressive, is Zachary who did all that hiking w/out anyone carrying him! the next day, he informed us that he didn't want to do it again, because his "feet just got so tired, and I was so sweaty" :)

Here's a picture of us, after hiking 1 mile to the bottom of the waterfall, before starting the BIG hike. See how we all look happy and energeitc? :)


We took a break about half-way through our hike. This waterfall is just above the one that we were hiking to.
Here it is! vernal waterfall! If you look closely, you can see the double rainbow at the bottom. :)

More pictures to come. :)
This weekend, i'm going to a Ladies' retreat at church. i'm looking forward to that. I always enjoy getting away & having time to myself. I'm taking a car full of 4 other women, so we should have lots of fun. :)

And on the church subject, we've started anther class, going through the book, "Emotionally Healthy Spirituality" by Peter Scazzero. The title makes me cringe, but i think it's going to be really good.

In addition to all that, Mom's planning to come back next Friday. She's feeling like she needs to be here to help take care of Grandma. She's planning to stay here for several weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing her again. :)

That's about it everything, in a nutshell. Some day my life will slow down a little more, & i'll have the time to check all of your blogs, & update this one more frequently. :)

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm so glad you wrote something! I've been wondering how things are going. Glad you're having fun and staying busy. Hope you write more soon!

Glenna said...

Hey, I'm glad to hear from you, I've been wondering what's been going on in your neck of the world.

Looks like a fun hike :)