Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ber mam idoo Not wot too bo skool

The other day, Chloe wrote me a note informing me that she didn't want to do school that day. So, like the good teacher that i am, i showed her how to write it correctly. Then I had her trace what I wrote. Then copy it. Then I made her write it two more times, until she could do the proper spelling without looking.
Hey, if she's gonna be writing me notes about not wanting to do school, she's going to write them correctly! :)
I'm such a mean mom. >:)

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Did she catch on that you were, in fact, making her do school at that point? :-) Very creative reaction from you!

Glenna said...

LOL, I've done that with Ashlyn, it's really funny when they don't realize they are learning something anyway.

~just me~ said...

tonya - no... i don't think she caught on. that's the best part. :) and every time she put the exclamation point at the end of her sentence, she would say, "because i *really* don't want to do school." :)

Gwendolyn said...

Very clever response. I may steal that idea from you if ever given the chance.